Monday, September 10, 2012

Knitting Contests, Podcasts & YouTube

This post is actually an experiment. I want to see how many readers I have out there as well as engage some interaction. I only just started this blog a few months ago, but would love to take it to another level.
As some of you may or may not know, I teach knitting classes at a local craft store. So I was thinking about possibly doing some YouTube videos to show "how tos" on different knit stitches and techniques. The idea has actually been mentioned to me a couple of times recently. So I'm thinking... why not? It would be fun to expand my teaching to the online community!
Secondly... how many of you like contests? I enjoy participating in the various contests out there that other fellow knitters have been doing. I was even a lucky winner of some luxury yarn recently! So... in the spirit of generosity I would love to spread some knitting joy as well! If you would like to sponsor a contest by donating yarn, fiber, books, etc... please let me know! In the meantime... to get this party started... I will be holding a contest in the near future. I've been going through my personal library of knitting books and have found a couple of duplicates that I can part with. Stay tuned, because I will be posting a contest in the next few days and will let you know at that time which book will be up first. :)
Last but not least, I'm also tossing around the idea of doing a podcast. I love listening to podcasts myself. Alana Dakos hosts a podcast over at Never Not Knitting, which is one of my absolute faves to listen too. Pay her a visit and check it out if you aren't already a listener.
So... here's what I want you to do for me. Let me know what you would like to see here. Contests? YouTube videos? A Podcast? Or all of the above? Leave a comment and let me know what you would like to see happen next. Don't be shy! Let me know you're out there. I WANT to hear from you!

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of videos on the basics, so if it's a how to on something done in a unique or less difficult way, I think people would be interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sapphireblue! I appreciate any and all advice I can get! :)

    ReplyDelete