Saturday, January 7, 2012

One down, 51 to go!

So I finished the SF Giants scarf this evening. I will take photos tomorrow (when I have some daylight) and get them posted before I deliver it to my customer. Maybe I'll even have her pose with it! Anyways, that's one down 51 to go in my 52in52-2012 challenge! Off to a good start...
I also began my next project. A teacher at my children's school has been learning how to spin. So just before Christmas she gave me a little handspun goodness so that I could play with it and test it out. All she wants in return is my honest feedback as to what I think of her yarn. It's a delightful little hank of thick and thin, spun clean, alpaca. I just love working with alpaca! So what a privilege! I cast on 40 stitches with my US #13 circular needles this afternoon and was going to knit the ribbing for a hat and then switch to another yarn for the upper section. I only have 25 yards to work with, so it won't go far... but as I'm knitting I'm thinking... maybe a gaiter would be nice? Unlike a cowl, a gaiter would fit closely around the neck. I'm knitting in 2X2 rib right now so I think I'll just continue to see how long it gets. It's so luxuriously soft, that I believe it would make the perfect little neck warmer! Plans may change again if it's not long enough and it may become a wide headband... aka ear warmer! Should have this one completed tomorrow and will take pictures of it as well... For now I'm off to bed... yawning as I type is a good indication that it's way past my bedtime!

No comments:

Post a Comment