Wednesday, June 17, 2015

BayAreaKnitter Podcast - Episode 3: Meet Chili our Chinchilla!

Welcome to Episode 3 of my Bayareaknitter Podcast, where I introduce my lovely daughter, Caitlin, and Chili our Chinchilla! This episode is a bit shorter than the last one, but I wanted to get something up this week. Now that the kiddos are out of school, it's a bit of a challenge to find a quiet moment around here. But I'm determined to make it work and to keep podcasting on a regular weekly basis. On a sidenote, I have to apologize for not getting around to announcing the winner from last week's giveaway! It completely slipped my mind until after I had recorded this episode! So, I will be uploading another very short video to announce the lucky winner as soon as possible! Stay tuned! I'll also post the winner here on my next blog post, so check back to see if you won! 
Anyways, click the link below to view this week's episode, and be sure to subscribe to my channel! 



SHOW NOTES:

Knitting needles mentioned: http://www.amibari.jp/english

Baa Baa Black Sheep Project Bag by JustK33pKnittin9 on Etsy & Instagram


Podcast mentioned: http://wolfefarms.blogspot.com/

Dawn of Wolfe Farms is knittinwolf on Instagram

Follow me on IG: Bayareaknitter
Find me on Ravelry: needle2needle
Blog: http://bayareaknitter.blogspot.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Knittingwith...
Follow me on Twitter: Bayareaknitter

As promised in this episode, here's the photo of Chili in the toy shopping cart. Caitlin has been giving him rides around the house in it! ;)

Chili in the shopping cart!

I've also fallen prey to the mitered square addiction that seems to be going around on all the social media sites! Below you'll see photos of my very first squares. I used fingering weight sock yarn for both. Although I ended up frogging the smaller one and re-knitting it at the larger gauge combined with another yarn to give it a striping effect. I like the fabric better at the 41 stitch gauge on size US 3 needles. My original plan was to make the Sock Yarn Blanket or "Scrappy Happy Blanket" as some people call it. But I'm now thinking it might make a lovely wrap or shawl! We'll see once I get further along. If you'd like to join in on this fun knit, click this link to visit The Heathen Housewife's post "All About the Blankie"! There you'll find instructions on how to knit the squares and then how to attach them all together! Be warned, this is very addicting! 

I cast on 31 stitches and used size US 2 needles for this one.
I cast on 41 stitches and used size US 3 needles for this one. 
Last but not least, I wanted to share my newest design with you! It's a pair of Fingerless Gloves that I designed for Manos del Uruguay yarns and they're named "Cobre". You'll find them on Ravelry by clicking this link: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/cobre Be sure to "Favorite" them once there!
I designed "Cobre" for Manos del Uruguay.
Pattern available now!
That's all for now, but be sure to check back for my next post... coming real soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment