Wednesday, July 1, 2015

The Summer Crunch

Design in progress for Manos del Uruguay

By now everyone has probably settled into a summer routine. I'd love to hear what you're doing or have planned this summer! Camping? Visiting distant relatives? Or are you just relaxing as much as possible and enjoying the lazy days of summer? I'm not sure what we're doing yet. The hubby isn't one for making set plans! Sometimes we take the kids on a mini vacation to an amusement park or we head north to Lake Tahoe or Seattle. Right now the cooler weather would be my choice! We reached 102 degrees here yesterday and it's supposed to be hotter today!
Some of us do still have to work though. As you know... I work from home, doing what I love most, that being a stay-at-home mom and designer of knit and crochet patterns. I'm actually working on designs for 2 separate yarn companies at the moment, and the deadlines are quickly approaching! Silly me, thought I'd have more time to focus on my designs over the summer, but now that the kids are on summer vacation, the days seem busier than ever and just seem to fly by! I'm wearing many hats right now! Chauffeur, nurse, chef, referee, you name it! It's a challenge finding any "me time"! I've been staying up late, after everyone's gone to bed, to just enjoy the silence. It's so soothing to my soul. But then morning comes... My son has been waking up at the crack of dawn! Why is it that I have to drag the kids out of bed to get ready for school, but during the summer they're full of energy and waking up with the twittering of the birds? I don't know how long I'll be able to manage on 4 hours of sleep! Looks like I need to start trying to go to bed earlier as well.  
On another note, I've even started podcasting! It's something I've wanted to do for quite awhile. But it never seemed like the perfect time to get started. So I finally just decided to take the leap and jump right in! Otherwise it might have never happened! Scroll down to my previous posts and you'll find all 5 episodes that I've recorded so far! Have a watch and please let me know what you think! I have lots of plans and ideas for future episodes including more guests, giveaways and maybe even a few tutorials! Tell me know what you would like to see!
Well... my kids are in need of some attention this morning, so I'll end here for now. Please comment below and share some of YOUR summer plans with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment