Sunday, August 17, 2014

Feel Good Yarn Company, My New Design & An Interview!

I recently created a new pattern for the Feel Good Yarn Company using their LanaMundi SilverSpun yarn.
SilverSpun is a sport weight cotton yarn spun with PURE SILVER available in a regular sized skein (173 yds) and a mini-skein (50 yds).
The silver content in SilverSpun makes it therapeutic and conductive. Silver has excellent thermal properties, is nontoxic and is perfect for those suffering from diabetes, arthritis and sensitive skin. Silver is also an excellent conductive agent thus allowing smartphone or tablet touch screen use while wearing gloves knit from the yarn. The silver is permanently adhered to the yarn and will not wash out. It's produced in the USA with North Carolina grown cotton. It's absolutely amazing to work with! 
Greensboro Fingerless Mitts & Cowl Set by Christine Marie Chen
I'm proud to announce that my Greensboro Fingerless Mitts & Cowl Set is now available for purchase in my Ravelry shop! Click on the pattern name above! ^
Constructed from bottom to top, the fingerless mitts carry an intricate lace pattern up the back of the hand, yet they are surprisingly easy to knit. Simple stitches make up the design. Yarn overs, k2togs, and passing slipped stitches over are the basics of this pattern. The lacy texture yields a very stretchy fabric giving the hands full flexibility of motion. These mitts along with the matching cowl make perfect transitional accessories in going from one season to the next because of the thermal properties of the SilverSpun yarn. Keep warm and cozy while adding a touch of lace to any outfit even on the chilliest of days!

After designing this set I had the privilege of doing an interview with Laurie Gonyea, owner and founder of the Feel Good Yarn Company. She recently emailed me to let me know that she has posted the interview on her blog! So, click on over to her blog and check it out!!! Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, Christine! Your interview was great. I really enjoyed reading it. I'm in awe of your work, girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww. . . {{{blushing}}} Thank you so much Mary!!! You just made my day! :D

      Delete
  2. Great interview! Laurie is a great lady! So nice to see that you're keeping busy, Christine. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kara! I'm doing my best to stay up to speed! ;) Btw, thanks for retweeting as well!

      Delete