Thursday, August 30, 2012

Where was I one year ago?

I was just doing some reminiscing recently. Thinking back to where I was in my knitting a year ago... I had not yet taken the leap into designing myself, but I was working with a few local designers. At this time last year, I was doing some production knitting for Mlle Sophie of BREAKING THE WOOL. Sophie is a French designer. She was based here in San Francisco at the time, but has since moved back to Paris. Her company "Breaking the Wool" offers the highest quality of handmade fashion accessories for women and men, uniquely made here in San Francisco. I was one of her "makers". L'Original *for him* was the shawl I hand knit. I made several of these for her company. 


L'Original *for him*
The "Original" is Breaking the Wool's "It" shawl. A subtle mix of alpaca and mohair. It's incredibly soft yet substantial texture is perfect for every day wear by women as well as men.



What a pleasure it was to work with Sophie and to have the opportunity to create such luxurious items. Thank you Sophie for inspiring me to try my own hand at design! Please visit her online at BREAKING THE WOOL to see what she currently has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment