Thursday, August 23, 2012

"Luv R Pacas" Part I - A day amongst the Alpacas


Here I am really enjoying the moment

















































































Yesterday I had the privilege of visiting an Alpaca Ranch just outside of Los Banos, CA. in rural Merced County. "Luv R Pacas" was started in 2008 by Donna & Dennis Morris. After seeing alpaca commercials on television, they decided to visit an alpaca ranch and it was love at first sight. I can definitely relate to how they felt because I felt the same thing yesterday. I could have stayed and played with these adorable creatures forever! 


This one decided to check out Jen's camera


A total of about 27 alpacas reside at Luv R Pacas, including both Huacaya and Suri Alpacas. They do offer alpacas for sale as well as fiber lots. I myself came home with several hanks of yarn. But of course!
As you probably know, alpacas love children. Alpacas are so luvable, huggable, gentle and approachable! So my friend Jen and I took our kids along with us for the visit. As you can see, we had an amazing day!

The kiddos and the alpacas


My son Brandon

My daughter Caitlin





Owner Donna Morris showing her Luv

 It was such a pleasure meeting the owners of this ranch. The alpacas play a very important role in the current life style of Donna and Dennis Morris. It was easy to see the love and care that they feel for their animals. They're more than just livestock to them. They are their pets... their babies! Donna and her husband love to talk alpacas!





My thanks goes out to Donna and Dennis for giving us the tour and such an amazingly memorable experience! This was my first, but definitely not my last visit to Luv R Pacas. Check out their website http://luvrpacas.com and/or pay them a visit. It would be their pleasure to show you their herd in person. Bring the family and sit a spell with them amongst the alpacas!

Part II of "Luv R Pacas" will be posted as soon as I take some photos of the gorgeous yarn and fiber I came home with!

2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to go to an alpaca farm.

    P.S. Your daughter is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a dream come true for me too! This was the first time I was able to get so up close and personal with them. They're my favorite animal for sure!
    p.s. Thanks for the sweet comment about my daughter. :)

    ReplyDelete