Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Banana Bread Recipe



I just removed the banana bread from the oven and have set it out to cool! In the meantime I would love to share this good old country recipe with you! I found it in a recipe book that my dad gave me a few years ago. His church put the book together as a fundraiser. So without further ado, straight from the Heartland comes this Recipe of Worth from Choctaw, Oklahoma!

Banana Bread:

2 eggs
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. butter (melted)
2 c. flour
pinch of salt
3 over-ripe bananas (mashed)
1 c. pecans (optional)

Mix sugar and butter. Add eggs, flour, baking soda and salt. Add mashed bananas and nuts. Pour in loaf pan and bake at 375 F degrees until done, about 30 - 40 minutes. Enjoy!

Note: I left out the nuts and I only used 2 bananas because that's all I had! Still turns out awesome! My son LOVES this recipe. I'll be lucky if there's any left by days end.

No comments:

Post a Comment