Thursday, June 28, 2012

Thursday’s Knitting Tip – Using Unconventional Tools

 Well the original post was posted to Webs Yarn Store Blog on Tuesday, but I'm sharing it today, thus making it MY Thursday Knitting Tip.  ;)  I found their link through Pinterest. It's amazing what you'll find there! Anyways, this one caught my eye because I had actually just used my own "unconventional knitting tool" this week! So I just had to pass this on!
 I have misplaced my cable needles, so... I opted on using one of those tiny straws from my children's Capri Sun packet to knit the cables in a new hat design I'm working on! Worked like a charm on the little C4b I was doing! The plastic tip had a bit of a point and it was just "sticky" enough (no pun intended) to keep the stitches from falling off the needle, I mean straw! ;)
Click on the link below to see how a piece of grass can be used!
Webs Yarn Store Blog » Blog Archive » Tuesday’s Knitting Tip – Using Unconventional Tools

2 comments: