Saturday, July 14, 2012

I snagged a Craftsy Deal!

I just opened my email this morning to see the "Stack Your Stash with the BULK SALE!" email from Craftsy. I quickly scanned over the deals and scrolled to the bottom where I saw this image and immediately clicked the link:


Quantity showed 2 left! I jumped on it and it now appears I bought the last 2 skeins available of this Manos del Uruguay Classica Yarn (Wildflowers). Yummy! This is a worsted weight, 100% Wool (138 yards per skein). Not sure what this will be knit into just yet, but I'm thinking it would make a lovely scarf or hat! By buying this yarn I've helped support efforts to empower women and eradicate poverty through sustainable economic development. And I even saved $4.99 on the shipping! Below I have quoted Craftsy's text describing the efforts behind this yarn:
"Manos del Uruguay was created to help women in Uruguay's countryside generate income for themselves and their families. This company has been beneficial in enhancing women's role in Uruguay's society. Through yarn sales, they have provided women economic independence and opportunity for personal growth. All yarn produced by Manos del Uruguay is hand-dyed using precise color recipes that create subtle nuances in the hues of every yarn. All of their products are hand-spun, woven, and knit using traditional techniques. Because this hand-made yarn has such beautiful color, it would be perfect to knit a bright scarf, or any other vibrant accessory! Manos del Uruguay is a member of the World Fair Trade Organization, and all of their yarns are certified as 100% sustainable." -via Craftsy

Visit Craftsy now and sign up to receive your own Craftsy Deals newsletter!


No comments:

Post a Comment