Monday, July 23, 2012

My Misty Mountain Winnings and more...



Thanks Ashley!

I recently posted about winning a blog contest over at Ashley's Misty Mountain Designs blog. I received my scrumptious Noro Silk Garden yarn and the US 10 Kollage circular needles about a week ago. Thank you so much Ashley! I love my gift and can't wait to make something beautiful with it. I recently purchased the book "Knit Noro Accessories", so I'm sure I can find the perfect little knit for this. Or I may just decide to design something unique and all my own! I've been meaning to post about it, but you know, sometimes life just gets in the way of our plans. And I've been one busy little knitter lately!
I met with my photographer yesterday to go over some plans and do a little brain storming on the book I have brewing. There are lots of options and choices to be made for some great outdoor photo shoots. I'm hoping to be able to start shooting in September, so I've got several projects I need to get finished. I'll keep you posted as things progress.
On another note, in my previous post I mentioned Purses for Preeclampsia, a sale Jordana Paige was having to benefit the Preeclampsia Foundation. Needless to say, if you tried to purchase a bag that day, you found out how successful this sale was. However it ended up bringing in so many customers that her web server just couldn't handle the traffic. After lots of attempts and failed tries, I was finally able to purchase a Rio bag in Green Olive.  This happened at the last minute, just before she closed the sale early and decided to post-pone the rest of the sale until a later date. I'm very happy that I was actually able to get through and to contribute to her cause that day. I will keep you posted as to when her next sale will be. There are still "imperfect" knitting bags to be had at $50 each, with 100% of the funds being donated to the Preeclampsia Foundation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment